Home loan extensions
Access funds for home improvements or personal use through a re-advance on your bond, or by registering an additional bond on your property.
Some of the benefits
Key things to know about extending your home loan
How it works
- A re-advance lets you borrow the full amount or a portion of your original home loan, or access funds you’ve registered for future use
- With an additional bond, you register a new bond to access the funds you need
- If you’re applying for funds to make additions or extensions to your property, you may be asked for approved building plans and detailed quotations
- Any extensions or additions must meet our conditions and comply with National Homebuilders Registration Council regulations
What it costs
- Bond registration costs apply to additional bonds only
How to get it
- Call us on 0860 500 000 between 8am and 5pm during the week
- Speak to us at your nearest branch
What you’ll need
- A bond with us
A pension-backed home loan (as per the Pension Funds Act 19 (5) (a) and 37D) is an alternative form of housing finance where the loan is secured by your retirement fund savings instead of a mortgage bond.
With an access bond facility on your home loan, you won’t have to take out a personal loan to cover unexpected expenses such as fixing your pool or repairing your roof.
Buying an investment property can be a savvy decision if you have factored in all of the costs and risks.
Buying your first home is exciting, but it can also be a little scary. Make sure your joy is not overshadowed by concerns about debt with our home buying tips.
Get cover for structural damage caused by fire, storms, theft or burst geysers.
If something happens and you can’t keep paying your bond, you can still protect your home and family with the right cover.
It takes years to furnish your home, and just seconds for your hard work to be undone. With the right cover, it won’t take as long the second-time round.