Debit order switching
WHY SWITCH YOUR DEBIT ORDERS TO STANDARD BANK?
We do the work
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A debit order is when you’ve given a third party the permission to collect money from your bank account. Examples of debit orders are monthly subscriptions, insurance premiums or loan payments. It’s important to note that you need to give permission for these collections to occur.
Debit order switching is a service that allows you to move your current debit orders from your existing bank account to your new Standard Bank account
- Your new Standard Bank current account details
- Your personal details
- Your previous bank account details
- The following details for each debit order:
1. Collector’s name
2. Collector’s telephone number
3. Policy / account reference number
4. Policy holder’s name
5. Frequency of debit order
6. Date of debit order
7. Amount being collected
- Download and complete the Debit Order Switching Form
- Take a few minutes to complete the form
- Once you have completed the form, please email to [email protected]
- We will keep you updated regarding the progress of your Debit Order Switching request
- Rather chat to someone? Complete our Call Me Back form and we will contact you
Please see the list of beneficiaries that we can’t switch.
Instant access to money you’re not carrying as cash. Money you can spend safely and easily in-store, online or overseas.
Apply online for a bank account that offers great value and benefits designed to simplify your life.