How to use our additional home services
Becoming a homeowner is an exhilarating and rewarding experience, but you need to make sure you cover your bases to avoid expensive mistakes. Our additional home services are there to help, providing critical information and putting you in contact with the people you need to know.
All homeowners are legally obliged to have a Certificate of Compliance (ECOC) to verify that all electrical components and wiring are correctly installed and in a safe condition. We can help you find a qualified and trustworthy electrician to make sure that your home is fully compliant and issue a compliance certificate.
- On our Additional Home Services page, find the ‘Electrical services’ tile and click ‘Request Service’
- Enter your contact details on the form and click ‘Submit’
- We will put you in contact with a suitable electrician who will perform the inspection
Whether you are buying or selling a house, you want to get the best possible price. You will be in a much better position to negotiate a good deal if you know the true value of the property.
- On our Additional Home Services page, find the ‘Property inspections’ tile and click ‘Request Service’
- Enter your contact details and the address of the property in question into the form
- Specify whether you are buying or selling and whether you would like to include an insurance quote in your query
- Click ‘Submit’ and wait for one of our consultants to contact you to arrange a property valuation
Once you’ve bought a home, you will need to move your furniture and other possessions in. The right removals service can make this a fast and painless experience. We can help find the best moving service for you.
- On our Additional Home Services page, find the ‘Moving services’ tile and click ‘Request Service’
- Enter your details into the form and click ‘Submit’
- We will put you in contact with a local removals company
Knowledge is power, and the more you know about a prospective property the better equipped you will be to make the right purchasing decision. Our LookSee property guide will create a free property valuation report and make sure you understand local market data, including sales trends, and the prices of similar homes in the same neighbourhood. They will also help you calculate the total cost of the purchase, including transfer fees, insurance, and rates and taxes.
- Visit LookSee property solutions on our website
- Under ‘Let’s get started’, start the process by clicking the type of property or area you’re interested in
- Enter the address of the property in the text box. We will show you a list of properties that match the address you’ve provided
- If your property is not in the list, try adjusting the address to match what has been recorded at the Deeds Office. Once you find the correct property, click it to display the report
- Click the different tabs (Property Value, Related Costs, Area Safety, What’s Nearby) to read the different sections of the report