Conveniently deposit cash at Pick n Pay and Shoprite
While it’s useful to have cash on hand, carrying too much with you can become a hassle, and having to make large sums of cash deposits can become costly. That’s why we’ve made it safer and more convenient to make cash deposits directly into your bank account.
Even though more transactions and services are becoming cashless, there will likely be times when you’ll have cash that you’ll want to deposit quickly and easily into your bank account for safekeeping and to earn interest.
It’s now possible to deposit cash directly into your bank account at till points at Pick n Pay (including PnP Express, PnP Clothing and PnP Liquor) or Shoprite stores anywhere in the country, and only pay a single, flat fee of R19.95 per transaction.
How does it work?
- You’ll need your Standard Bank Credit, Cheque or Debit Card and your PIN to complete the transaction.
- Tell the cashier at the Pick n Pay or Shoprite till point you want to make a cash deposit.
- Specify how much you want to deposit and hand them the cash.
- Insert your card, follow the prompts and get a receipt.
- The money will reflect in your account within 30 minutes for debit cards and 48 hours for credit cards.
- You can deposit from R25 up to R5 000 at once.
What are the benefits?
You can do your banking and pay for your shopping at the same time. Access this service any time of the day, seven days per week at hundreds of Pick n Pay or Shoprite locations nationwide.
It’s fast and safe
You don’t have to carry significant amounts of cash with you, which could leave you vulnerable to loss or theft. If your wages get paid in cash, it’s quick and easy to deposit your money safely into your account, without needing to fill in a deposit slip.
The deposit fee is per transaction, not per amount. By paying a flat fee of R19.95 for deposits of up to R5 000, you save on cash deposit fees. Plus, you could save on transport costs as you don’t have to make a separate trip to the bank.
You save time
Bank when and how it suits you. No standing in queues at an ATM, searching for cash-accepting ATMs or having to find a branch and visit it at specific times.
Terms and conditions apply.