4 Things to know before getting life insurance
Are you thinking about getting Life Cover, Disability Cover, Serious Illness Cover or Salary Protection from Standard Bank’s direct life insurance services? Here are a few things you should know:
1. You can call us or ask us to call you
If you’d like to apply for cover from our direct life insurance services, you can either call our contact centre on 0860 225 533, visit our website and get a quote online, or you can request one of our agents to call you by completing the Call Me Back form on our website.
2. There are certain requirements
To apply for life cover from Standard Bank, you must:
- Be between 18 and 65 years old
- Be a South African citizen with a bar-coded ID
- Be taking out the cover for yourself
- Have your own bank account
- Have your height and weight details handy
- Have your ID number handy
3. You don’t have to fill out any forms
Our agent will take you through the telephonic application process. The agent will ask you for your personal details and will also ask you several questions about your health, family history, and lifestyle to name a few. Remember, It’s vital that you answer all of these questions honestly because if you lie or withhold relevant information, it could affect your future claim.
4. A full medical is generally not required
While you may not need to undergo a full medical, you will be required to take an HIV test within 90 days of the start date of your cover. We will cover the cost of the test and will arrange for a nurse to come to your home or preferred address to conduct the test at your convenience.